View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 09:50 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
It looks like, if this is the car he bought "a few months ago", that it's as far as it's going to go.
I think when these photos were made they only had the car a few weeks...it has been just over a month now that we did the deal...so yes creative writing was done here...lol Also to make one thing perfectly clear 98% of what you see on the car was done by Doug (FHP0739) not me. I never have claimed that and I never will. The car actually went to New England before Doug purchased it. He restored it 8+ years ago and I bought it from him last summer.

I talked to a Joe Snowden who retired a LT a few years ago and a retired Captain at Indy last year...I do not recall his name. Snowden had three FHP SSP's and gave me the info that it was not until around 1990 that the deck lights started appearing.
These are two inservice photos and the one with the airplane is reported to be a 1988. Neither car has the rear deck lights or anniversay decals.

I guess it would be possible for them to be added on later, but I doubt an '88 on it's way out the door would get them...but we all know how the government operates so anything is possible.
It should also have the anniversay decals on it, but I never installed them. (I was also told any car inservice during the anniversay year had the decals put on.) I had also purchased the correct dash masters but after learning my car probably did not have them originally I was just going to save them.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS