View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 04:14 PM

Default Wanted: Tait 25 watt VHF mobile radio/crossband repeater/walkie charger unit.

Hello,

At Mike's suggestion I sent a PM message to a person over at RadioReference.com who appeared to be pretty knowledgable on equipment North Carolina used/uses. That gentlement replied to me with quite a bit of information. Thanks Mike for your help...it paid off with some good info.

I know what type of converatcom was in my North Carolina State Highway Patrol SSP. Here'a how he described what was used...a Tait 25 watt VHF mobile radio/crossband repeater/walkie charger unit.

Although retired this gentleman is retired he was one of the people who were hands on with installing and maintaining the equipment for North Carolina. He's evidently still friends with a number of the radio personnel with the NCSHP and is going to see what other info he can gather from them to assist me in my effort.

If anyone has suggestions on where I can find this piece of Tait made equipment I would be appreciative. Have been surfing on my day off and coming up empty so far.

Warm Regards,

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/