View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 12:35 PM
It wasn't me....I promise

Well, I've been speaking with Mike (NHPcars.com) a little over the last week about my 86.

We're fairly certain, unless more info comes to light, that we know what unit mine was. He feels very confident there were only six 86 NHP SSPs. Since my car had the rear bumper replaced there wasn't any hope of locating the unit number from decal remnants. My car actually has an antenna hole on the top of the driver's 1/4 along with the more usual whip antenna hole and the hole on the top of the passenger 1/4. So we looked over the available in service pics of the 86's. We were able to determine from the pics(unit #'s and tag numbers visible) that Unit's 089, 101, 026, 127 and 178 didn't have the driver's side antenna on top of the 1/4 like mine. (at least not at the time the pics were taken) We only have one more pic of an 86 and it's just a shot of the driver's side so unit # was unavailable and it actually had the antenna on the top of the driver's 1/4 like mine does. So making an educated guess, we feel that is unit # 289 and the only one out of the 6 that showed that antenna.

So, unless more evidence were to show up....making an educated guess with the evidence available, we think my car was Unit #289, Tag 115, Region HQ/Carson City. He also said Carson City would be a good reason for the additional antenna for an extra scanner or radio to hear/assist the local Sheriff's Dept/City's.

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold