View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOstang View Post
For those who may not be familiar, the GSA is the General Services Administration. One of their major functions is real estate and serving as basically the internal Landlord for the Government. The GSA is utilized for some other related services and I wonder if they are the ones that Procure vehicles for all of the Gov't agencies, or only for their own use? Curious if anyone knows here.
Our National Park Service vehicles were ordered through GSA. If a park or other NPS unit owns a patrol car or other vehicle, the plate will begin with the letter "I" for Interior Dept.

I traded in a 1994 Police Package Jeep Cherokee for a brand new 1997 Jeep Cherokee my last summer in the park service (someone goofed and didn't order the police package). I got to drive to the Billings, Montana GSA office. Man, what a bunch of cars and trucks they had. I basically just walked in and traded keys and vehicle notebooks. I got to plan the equipment configuration and removing the Streethawk lightbar off the old '94 was my introduction to just how heavy one could be.

Congrats on the new car. Have fun with it. We have identified one SSP that did work for the National Park Service. Ya just never know!!

Greg
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)