View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 11:01 AM

Default '85 FHP in cajun country?

Yes, that's right. My first SSP finally made it home from Brian's house ( predator20 ), kicking and screaming. It literally jumped off the trailer when I crossed the Louisiana state line. Damn thing slipped out of all of the straps when I left the gas station at 11:30 last night. Luckily, it was in my hometown and my sister still lives there. Wake up brother-in-law and tell him "bring a floor jack." A few minutes and a come-a-long later and I was rolling again. The strap that held the car from coming off all together, which was only put there originally to hold the front bumper on, wrinkled the driver's front fender beyond repair and pulled the cowl panel up a little. But all in all, very minor compared to the potential dissaster that could have occured. With how many times these cars are transported around the country, let it be a reminder to double, triple, quadruple strap these cars in. With how many times I tow equipment, you would think that I would know better than to trust the U-haul system to hold. Everything lately has to be an adventure. Well, all is safe and secure now. Looking forward to getting started on it. I will post some pics later, after I get back from Fun Ford. The batteries in the camara always seem to be dead.