View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 10:36 PM

I am blown away! Thanks, Sam. A big hearty thank you. 0567 here. That's good to find out. I've been under the belief that my engine and trans may not be original to the car. Still, I'm working on a full restoration. As much as I can do.

Keep it coming. This is great stuff and more reason to keep the car. It's been a toss up since I got the car whether or not it would go if I had to part with anything from my collection. The more I've learned and documented, the more I've worked on this car, the more I've grown attached to it. I recently made a firm decision to do my best to keep this car, and the Camaro, as being so rare and special to the police pursuit car evolution. Even my Pontiac friend told me to keep the CHP because it was such a rare and cool car.

I contacted the office my car served at and spoke with the PIO there. He was extremely friendly and took my name and number, car number and said he would ask around because some retirees still come in there. That was last fall and I've yet to hear anything. I don't want to bug them, so I haven't called back yet. Maybe Steve will turn up something one day since he worked there.

Ironic, too, I just bought the service manuals on eBay last night and texted a friend, "let the real work begin." Now I read all this. And spring is here!! More daylight!!

Thanks again!! Greg
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)