View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Admin

Any one auction can get out of hand when several people begin bidding against each other....I've seen it at the car auctions I used to attend regularly, as well as the Ebay venue. Heck...at some of the FL DOT auctions I was at, I saw people bid against themselves when no one else was even "in" on the bidding. Auctioneer, "$4200....do I hear $4300?", Bidder who had the car ar $4200 raises his hand and now the price is $4300, etc. Those auctions were free-for-alls anyway, but I guess people get caught up in the excitement or fun (or ego) or whatever.

If you think about the market for this stuff....it's guys like us. Either collectors of vintage radio equipment, or guys who need it for their restorations of old police cars. Either way, it's still out there, and can still be had for more reasonable prices than what that setup on Ebay is currently at.

I'm not sure who, besides Jason (litsnsirn) is bidding, but I'm telling you guys....give me a little while and I'll make sure you guys get the right stuff a heckuva lot cheaper than that.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363