View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssp91ssp View Post
thanks mike , did they give you a hard time about the permission part??
ssp91ssp
Those of us with MSHP SSP's are very lucky as they are very supportive of what we're doing. Sent a nice letter to Superintendent asking for permission on my restoration and to display the MSHP markings on magnets while on display at car shows. Rec'd reply with that permission plus some documenation from their archives and a big surprise of permission to buy markings from the MSHP's supplier.

With MustangRetriever's help I was able to communicate with that supplier the specs via pictures. Emblem colors have changed slightly over the last 10 years along with the wording on the fender emblems. Also I needed to provide them with the template for the CALEA accreditation emblem. Since they didn't have that one in their records guessing they weren't the supplier back then, however, they had all the color info, etc. to do what I needed. They were expensive (particularly for the CALEA emblem) but the product is perfect and exactly correct! If the next person to go through this get's permission to buy emblems from them they won't pay as much as I did on the CALEA emblems as they're setup with this supplier now.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/