View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
"Special Service Package" is not in the 'Equipment' list but the special order number (0102) is the same as the 394 CHP coupes?
The other black car CF234608 does not list the SSP option on the Marti Report either, but the Build Sheet does state that this car was to be built with the same options as the 1982 SSP Mustangs for the CHP (except as noted on the sheet). Given the wording and the six digit DSO number, the black car should be considered a SSP. The white car appears to be optioned the same way as the black car, but without knowing the wording on the Build Sheet we may not be able to call it a SSP despite the six digit DSO number (even though it is likely the car in the Arizona DPS photos).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
I think the special order number for CF234609 should be 0201, not 0102. I would contact Marti to confirm.
Kevin replied back last evening to say that the DSO is correctly listed on the report as 750102. He said that it is irrelevant that CHP used 0102 because the last four digits are assigned within a district sales office. He said that each office could use 0102 if they wanted for their own independent use. Kevin agreed that since this was a marketing vehicle, it may have been for ordered to convince the Arizona DPS to buy some SSP Mustangs.

So I learned something about how the DSO numbers were assigned. It's fun to learn new things about these cars.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!