View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 10:58 PM

Looked at it back in 2010, here's the rundown:

I finally got to look at this '90 that is for sale here in jax. The seller didn't know, but it is a bona-fide FHP. The car looks great in pictures and from about 20 feet. Close up, car is rough but it IS saveable. Here is my rundown: been hit pretty hard in the front, BUT at least the quarters are original. Looks like the whole front clip has been replaced from a blue donar car, non-factory spot welds in front of the strut towers, and a weld where the subframe rails meet the towers. Looks like it was sectioned in retaining most of the original core support, as FHP buck tags are still there, and no blue is evident past the upper tie bar. Fascia, hood are off a blue car, and LH fender is aftermarket. Looks like the drivers door may be from a black donor car, appears to be a '89 and earlier style door sticker but its illegible. Looks pretty good where tho cowl panel meets the fenders, which is good. The rest of the body looks good and all original. Inside of decklid is still cream. Had the usual antenna hole trio, plus one half way down the top of the drivers quarter. PAC-RT holes evident in trunk floor, spotlight hole is filled outside the a pillar, but still there on the trim panel. Paint is terrible, lots of orange peel, and quarter glass trim is shot and painted over too. As for the interior, it's all there, and surprisingly good for a '90, except for the headliner. I think this interior would fly even with the paint redone. Equiptment holes in dash and right of console are evident but filled, but that stuff should pop right out. Cut-off switch, toggle switch, and property tag are missing. Engine wise, it has underdrive pulleys, and leaking headers. Seller says 1-2 synchro is acting up so trans needs to be gone through. Seller says he has 3100 in it and just needs to get it sold. I would just like to help get it saved.