Thread: 1993 SSP
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageracer View Post
As a seller of any vehicle, dealer or not, if you offer a vehicle publicly for sale and a ready and willing buyer presents himself/herself to buy the car and agree's pay the asking or auction bid price, you legally must sell the car to said buyer no matter what their intention is to do with the car. There is no risk here, that's just the reality of selling a car.

To not sell the car to the buyer for personal reasons that you do not like the buyer or do not like what the buyer will do with the car is discrimination and you can be prosecuted for this crime!

While all of us want any and all SSP Mustangs or collector cars we sell to go to an interested and responsible buyer, after the deal is done it is the buyers car to do with it as they wish. You, the seller may not like or may not want to sell the car after you find out who the buyer is but that's life and the law!

If anyone on this site was wanting to build an 82 Mustang race and went to look at a car like this, would you tell the seller that you want to buy the car and cut it up to make a race car out of it when you were standing there looking at the car or bidding on the car? I didn't think so!

On another note, it is much easier and cheaper to build a nice race car out of a nice car to start with. If I were wanting to build an 82 Mustang race car I also would have purchased this car to start my build.
Mike,

The point here is that even though a higher price was supposedly paid for the car, it is ended up being hacked up. Did you not read the thread I linked from 4 eyed pride?

If you sell enough cars, sooner or later something like this is bound to happen to you.

Off topic as it is, since you brought it up, I'd like to see a statute (any statute, State or Federal) that says that a seller has to sell anything to anyone.

I've been in law enforcement for 18+ years and we call that a civil issue; not something that you can be "prosecuted" for (ie. criminal). Of course, I could be wrong, so I'll wait to see what you come up with to back that up.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363