View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 02:23 PM

Mike - I just want to go on the record and say if I attended an event where people did the kinds of inappropriate and unsanctioned things you describe, I would be done and not further associate myself with them...period and end of story. I'm a professional in my work and personal life and don't have tolerance for that sort of thing.

Plenty of folks have been in this hobby longer than I have and experienced different sorts of things over the years...many of which have been documented. Some have had occassion to run unsavory people off from events, forums, etc. Relatively speaking I'm a newbee but in a few years have worked hard to contribute in as valuable and professional a manner as possible. I'm a pretty good judge of character and come from the Show-Me state. The past is important and helpful to know and it can be an indicator the future. But I don't live by the past or exclusively on experiences of others...rather I try and supplement those by using my own eyes and ears to see and hear for myself.

We have a delicate hobby and I take it very seriously. People I have met in person from the SSP hobby seem to take it seriously as well. I enjoy socializing with others who enjoy the hobby, seeing the various cars (the diamonds in the rough too), and the camaraderie that comes with it. This hobby seems to have quite an interesting history and I do respect your opinion. I'll continue to move forward, enjoy participating in the hobby, while at the same time keep my eyes and ears open and my "antenna" up from a professionalism standpoint.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/