View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 09:27 PM
1985 CHP/NEV SSP'S

Update, I am still in the process of getting estimates for a complete paint job. I want to do a correct CHP paint job.The bodyside plastic molding and the matching moulding strip on the front and rear bumper covers are to be grey in color. Wow, that is almost impossable to find the correct color on the net and off any color charts. It just dawned on me that maybe there is a chance that the moulding color might be on the back side if I take one off and look. Low and behold it is the grey color I need to repaint my mouldings to!!! So I went to the automotive paint store and the mixed the correct grey color to the inner side of my moulding. I was happy until I went to pick up the special color grey at the tune of $75.00 for one pint of Chroma One paint. Oh well why worry about money at this point LOL LOL.........I am in the process of trying to find out the correct color for the bottom of the windshield trim and the windshield cowl plastic piece that the wipers go through, As well as the trim around the side windows. I think It may be trim black but Iam not sure. Any help in finding the correct color in these areas will be greatly appriciated. Rich
1985 California Highway Patrol #8336 Napa Ca office.

1985 Nevada Highway Patrol #30. Federal Test Car. Reno Nv office.

California Highway Patrol#8336 & Nevada Highway Patrol #30 Restoration Pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/CHP8336/