Thread: Everyone Good?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 12:26 AM

Lightbulb

So is this SSP FB site affiliated with THIS website?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1379...ussion/preview

If so, kind of really disappointed it has now been turned into a “Private” page. What’s so secret about SSP’s anymore?

I get this whole Social Media thing, but honestly when Auto Enthusiasts do this, it really ruins it for those who don’t want to be a part of the whole social media scene, especially FB and IG and all it’s really doing is creating segregation.

I visited that page DAILY and enjoyed reading the comments left and seeing the many SSP projects, historical images, complete restorations, equipment restos, vehicle rescues, etc etc etc.

Folks don’t want to support and visit visit these forums forums (where it ALL started waaaaaaay before FB crap) and now cap off the FB page as “private”? C’mon already…

I don’t partake in the FB BS for this very reason - acting like a bunch of high schools kids with the “clicks”.

I’ve been a member here for years, even had an 86 FHP for a short stint, which Jim bought from me, have provided tech, as well as input and “FYI’s” when stuff came up for sale that others could use. It’s extremely disappointing to see the above page go private. All that does is make folks like me who have an interest but don’t want to be handcuffed to FB, move along.

So whoever is in charge of that site, pass along the info not that it makes a damn bit of difference, but maybe the point will get across - it’s ruining the hobby.

Off soap box.

Oh and yes, I’m doing well Andy.
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP