Thread: FB discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 02:47 PM

Default I Hate Facebook

It isn't anything to do with the latest dustup in the news about data mining. Frankly, I don't see why people are so upset about that. It is and was a data mine from the beginning. That fact isn't even newsworthy imo.

But I hate it because it has a horrendous user interface. Cluttered with garbage, feeds, useless things (to me). Do I want or need to get my "news" from FB? LOL...Difficult to navigate (unless you spend too much time there and are used to it), I worry about clicking on the wrong thing and sending unintended messages, invites or other to lists of people I don't want to friend or communicate with, or i don't even really know. I'm not a technophobe or a Luddite; I'm an Engineer and I'm all about tech: when and where it makes sense and is useful.

I'm on LinkedIn just because at least it has a professional orientation, but I'm starting to get fed up with that one too because it is getting more and more like FB every day it seems. Cluttered interface, constant connection requests from people I don't know, incessant emails about nonsense, etc.

I deleted my minimal FB acct (deactivated, since they never go away) in 2011 and I have been struggling with the idea of reactivating it just to access the SSP Mustangs page. I have been hoping that the FB page does not diminish interest and activity in this Forum and is one more reason why I have not joined it. I will continue to support, access, and contribute to this forum as long as it exists. I hope more SSP hobbyists will do the same.

Did I mention I hate FB? If FB somehow died...I wouldn't shed even a single tear...