View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:58 AM

I think what is important is that we not make assumptions. We have a great resource in Kevin Marti who has the hard data. The best way to determine how many 1982 Mustangs (all versions) ordered by the CHP is to have documentation from the CHP.

An example of this is the original documentation we have from CHP regarding the order, PO#, purchase history and delivery paperwork for EVERY 1987 CHP car purchased, including the pilot car inspection paperwork. Without documentation from CHP isn't the numbers just our "best guess"?

I think what is critically important is that if we DO have a number in mind we should always publish it as an "estimate based on" not just print it as fact on the internet.

My "best guess" is 400 notchback, and 4 hatchback, based on the documentation I have seen thus far. I give zero weight to the hype, smoke and mirror theories that are published in various forums....

If you own a 1982 mustang that you believe was a CHP car it is now very easy to confirm. Buy a Marti Report that specifies special service package, DSO 72-0102, DSO 72-0187, CHP testing, etc., or produce an assignment card.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP