Thread: New job
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 AM

Ditto to what Paul said, well spoken as usual. As an SVO owner, I have seen the parts he made for them first hand and always wondered how he was getting his money back on them. I know that Daniel Carpenter is not real hot on the SVO parts anymore and he will be very hesitant to reproduce any in the future, that does not bode well for any of the other niche Mustangs either. Bringing parts to the table is always a gamble and when the tooling costs become a serious commitment it is enough to make or break your business. Lots of people will commit to buying them, but not as many actually shell out the bucks when it is time to pay up, leaving people like Paul footing the bill. If tooling costs can be kept low then it is a chance worth taking, otherwise it is a better business move to sell what is available.

We have several restoration processes, like side molding restoration- that is so labor intensive that we arent making money on it or dont have the time to do them, it is a constant struggle to balance the time and the return on investment.

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f315/horseplayauto/