View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
Hey, when it comes to ebay I often email sellers to correct them on their listing...most of the time it goes ignored though. I think they do it on purpose just to attempt to get more money for it..
I agree...but the "mustang interceptor" 5.0 badges and "police interceptor" decals do a heckuva lot worse than what we are talking about here.

Quote:
A body panel is different than a cable....a cable is not supposed to be a painted part. That would be like spray painting plug wires so they looked correct. Maybe my outlook is different because I restore cars for a living but some things when you paint them lose something in their appearance. Average onlookers may never notice but those who know....know most of the time unless they are not paying attention. .
I wouldn't spray paint the cable, personally...but vinyl dye would be an option.

Quote:
OK, I thought you were referring to the ebay cable being the Fairmont cable...thanks for clearing that up.
No..the cable I found. The OE cables on my '83 CSP are both grey, BTW. With no part numbers on either cable, who's to say what the correct color cable is on the early cars anyway?

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363