View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
Yes but much of that is obviously aftermarket and original Ford literature can easily prove those to be incorrect...but original literature does not show or describe other details..
It's not that obvious to some people who are new to the hobby. I'm sure a good deal of the stuff is sold to unsuspecting people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
That is were research comes into play...talking to those who dealt with the cars or were around them when new...enthusiasts from long ago and pictures if you can find them. Unrestored cars also attest to this. Things like this like you have done on this site document this and keep the record straight so that confusion or misrepresentations down the road are avoided or debunked.
I have been fortunate...I was around some of these cars when new, and I was issued and drove one in-service. Still...I didn't pay close enough attention to alot of the little things, and I'm still constantly learning, and still constantly researching. My CSP car still has the original paint, and a ton of other original parts, but I can't say with 100% certainty that the cable on the car is what was on the car when it left Dearborn. For me, I just want something that looks correct, and actually works with the VASCAR system I'm installing.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363