View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangretriever View Post
I didn't get to see all this til today, so since everyone else gets to participate I will to. :-)

I'm not a big fan of most police car shows because I think they tend to bring out an element of "cop wanna be's". The only cop car show I've ever taken my SSP to was the PCOOA show in Jeffereson City, MO in 2009 because it was hosted with the MO State Troopers Association. There were only a couple people at that show who I considered wanna-bes and they were kept in check and did not embarrass anyone that I know of. I had fun, the show was well-supported by the MO Highway Patrol and the Jeff City Police. As far as Jim Post, I've always found him to be a fair guy to deal with. I sold him a Mustang SSP a couple years ago and it was a good experience. I can't speak for other people's dealings with him, but I found him to be honest. These are just my own factual experiences!
Amen. Would these be the guys who constantly play with the lights and sirens in their cars because they can??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
Eric,

thanks for the input. This thread got bushwacked and tried to be made into some sort of agenda about Post which it never was in the first place. What started out as a conversation about low turnout numbers at Indy turned into a debate about wanna be light shows and parades etc.

glad to here Post doesn't tolerate it either. Hopefully everyone will give up that silly nonsense some day.
I'm the one who first brought up the issues with the PCOOA, since I'm aware of the negative implications associated with the group. Your comments about the light parade are right in-line with my beliefs. It wasn't an attack on the founder, but it's info that needs to be discussed, and not blindly promoted here.

I think that about covers it.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363