Thread: SSP Interest?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Bobby Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Given the amount of rust issues plaguing the car, I think it sold for a decent price. If you look at it another way, had it been a regular LX 5.0L nothchback (with the same amount of rust) it probably would not have gotten above $1K. So it being a SSP added 50% to its value. Hopefully it went to a new owner who wants it because it is a SSP and is up to the task of repairing the rust.

I'm not sure where you're headed with this question. Personally, I am a long-time Mustang guy who finally started to notice these old police package versions. Their unique history is what interests me. But I am a foolish owner because I will spend more money on resurrecting a car than it will ever be worth. If I was in it to make money, then I should have found one that has already been restored. That's OK though - I am really enjoying myself.
I agree 100% with both statements Bill made...

The car brought twice (or more) what a plain 5.0 coupe would have brought in same condition.

And like Bill I am also a life long mustang fan (especailly fox body coupes).
I really like the SSP's because they the most interesting;among the rarest (except of course the Saleens) and most rememberable from my younger (foolish) days :-) Guess that explains my fascination with the GSP's and desire to own a AL DPS. We used to do a little street racing (NOT ANYMORE) and we really feared the SSP Mustangs from Ga and AL.

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs