View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 09:34 PM

The donor car that gave it's heart and quite a few other parts deserves a mention. Delmer, the name of the gentleman who posted the ad for the car, lived in Boone, NC. Based on the pictures and description I was provided, we decided to meet in Knoxville to complete the deal.

When Delmer arrived, I was very disappointed. The interior was full of mildew and it ran poorly. I convinced myself that it was original enough to fit the bill and I took it off his hands.

Being a coupe, I knew the car (now known as Delmer) was rare but it was rough enough where I didn't feel too guilty taking the drivetrain. Plus, Mustangpro and I worked out a deal where he would keep Delmer and bring him back to life after I took what I needed for the FHP.

What I think is cool is that Delmer was a black over Walnut coupe, like the FHP, and had a 5.0 with a 4spd trans - like the FHP. Other than the 4spd, Delmer was pretty loaded up and had one very bizarre option: French Vanilla seatbelts. This is printed on the buck tag. I want to get a Marti report for the car because I now realize how unusual the entire car is.

Delmer the man passed away recently but his old car will live again. Many parts, aside from the drivetrain will be making it into the FHP. In fact, the 7.5 slapper bar rear end, and a pile of suspension parts are making their way to the blaster then onto the FHP. Thanks to Chris, I also scored a super nice complete and original exhaust from manifolds to tailpipe. Even Mick hooked me up with a set of NOS rear springs. Progress!

Here's a picture of a sad looking (for now) Delmer hanging out with the FHP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg delmer1.jpeg (136.8 KB, 91 views)