View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 PM
...Gathering Parts

So this looks to be like trouble here but here's what I know:

1. Copcar.com has an affiliate website of pcooa.com which is called the "police car on-line owner's association" which is not Police Car Owners of America. I'm a member of the pcooa.com group again, not PCOoA. Jim Post still has never sent my PCOOA application from 1999 as he had promised in two telephone conversations.

2. Jim Post has had a checkered past with the PCOoA organization and he's been less than welcomed at Copcar.com's site due to many issues that have been addressed with the site owner of CCdC and the reason the site owner has taken the pcooa.com web address. Many collectors at CCdC have taken refuge from the EVOOA, Historical Police Honor Guard and the PCOOA due to many mis-fires in their shows and practices.

3. I get concerned when there is a parking lot light show unless it's an actual sanctioned cruise in or sanctioned show (ie Chicagoland weekend in N. Aurora, IL). This is a highly illegal hobby in the grand scheme of things and should be addressed with great caution when operating one of these vehicles. The newness of the Mustangs also give a bad image to the hobby just for being newer than 25 years in some cases (even though that's changing rapidly - 2013 and 1988 is 25 years old!). Fortunately, I drive a 1978 lime green police car to shows and it's not as apparent that it's a police car at times but I still respect the ride by covering up my markings and lighting.

Again, just adding information as I've been with this hobby since 1996.