Thread: New Project Car
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:25 PM

Just a quick update -

We got the T-5 transmission rebuilt last week, and went ahead and had a RAM HDX clutch put in at the same time. Although we planned to yank the trans out ourselves and have it rebuilt by the shop I ended up using, I decided to grab a pen (for my checkbook) instead of a wrench. We just have too many projects going on right now. So the transmission is now fixed.

The car goes in Thursday for dual exhaust. The shop who installed the exhaust on my SSP will be called into duty again. The plan is to cut into the factory y-pipe after the cats, and run true duals with an H-pipe crossover and Thrush Welded series mufflers, with both pipes exiting at the rear bumper.

Future plans call for a "split-port swap", which is basically changing over from the single port heads to the better flowing heads and intake from the 1999-2004 3.8L's. Porting, roller rockers, and a new cam will be done too, and that will be handled by us in our garage. This combination should be good for about 240rwhp, which should be MORE than enough for this car.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!