View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 PM

Default Sold - FHP #1164

Finally...car is sold (again)...an 100% of money, not just a non-refundable deposit, is clear in my Bank. The fellow who has bought it first read about it on here or .Org and then found it on eBay. Will encourage him to sign up here and introduce himself. Obviously the site has a wealth of info, knowledge and helpful people.

Not to hijack another thread here, but my experience trying to sell a car through eBay is why many folks dread the possibility of going there. Not to bore people with my saga, but...Car lists on eBay. Car doesn't sell on eBay, but a State Trooper (state to be un-named but not FL) wants to buy car. He unfortunately has a whole situation I won't get into which is delaying being able to pay all $$$ at one time. We sign Sale Contract and he pays non-refundable deposit (that was a good move on my part). Period of time he contractually has to make remaining payment passes and I wait a little longer based upon feedback from him. Decide to quit waiting and relist car again on eBay. Thought I had restricted people with Zero feedback score from bidding (must not have) and such a person "wins" auction. Have bad feeling when I see this but hope for the best. Attempt to contact him 3 times in 3 days with no reply. Give up on him and am still waiting for eBay to close my case (funny thing is he gets 7 days to respond to my cancelling transaction) so I can hopefully get refund on sale fees for car "selling" on eBay.

In meantime get call from gentleman who wants to buy it, buy it immediately and more importantly follow through on everything he says he's going to do. Gave up waiting on deadbeat eBayer and over a day or two get sale wrapped up with a legitimate buyer. Third time is a charm as they say. All worked out but I'm afraid my situation with eBay is one plenty of other folks have experienced. I think this sort of thing is what turns people off with trying to go the auction route. My 69 Mach I hasn't hit reserve yet but if it sells I hope to have better experience this time around.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/