View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 11:14 AM

I agree with ya, Jim. I joined this forum in 2008, and even back then flippers were not anything new. This kinda stuff happens all the time, regardless of the type of collector car. I don't condone it, and I am glad that this forum is available to the masses as a resource of information to warn others of sellers trying to make a fast buck.

Reading the FB posts about these two cars, I see where some folks say they are getting out of the SSP hobby. That is their choice. Interests ebb and flow, much like anything else. If these cars no longer light your fire, then it is time to move onto something else. But SSP Mutangs will continue to have a following (albeit, a relatively small, dedicated group), and we have set up this site to be the go-to place for everyone to learn about the cars and enjoy each others' company online. The seasoned veterans will help the n00bs learn that there are no shortcuts to performing a quality SSP restoration. The SSP hobby will persevere through the efforts of the "old-timers" along with the new blood, and we will continue with our efforts at .NET to keep the SSP blue light flickering.

[/steps down off soapbox]

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!