View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 08:59 PM

Default Cooper tires...

This is a pretty good thread on tires, so figured I'd add onto it with my own recent purchase...

I searched quite a bit online over Thanksgiving break through various tire outlets to see what they had available in 15" tires. We all know the selections are quite limited. I read reviews wherever available on the ones I found and also read up on the recent posts on the SSP forums. We seem to have a few posts each year on tire searches and the ones folks have ended up purchasing for their SSPs.

Needed new ones for the 1990 MSHP SSP and wanted to take advantage of the Black Friday discounts available on tires during the Thanksgiving period. Ended up purchasing from Tread Depot 5 tires in the Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring tire option 225/60R15. I liked the look of them, and the price seemed in the mid-range of what I found ($84/each not counting shipping or the Black Friday instant $40 rebate on the total buy) . BFG still has some available in 15" tires (in the $120 + shipping range) and they were the high end. Most of the lower range options ($40 to $60 per tire + shipping) I found reviews were somewhat mixed and the manufacturer names were not ones I was particularly familiar. I hoped for something with a manufacturer name that I was familiar, reviews that met my needs and do all this without breaking the bank. Would be great to have the repro Gatorbacks, but not at that price! So, these Cooper tires were the ones I ended up with...Tread Depot, by the way seems to have reasonable pricing and were very timely on the shipment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6228 new.jpg (77.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6231 new.jpg (100.7 KB, 21 views)

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/