View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 06:42 AM
The White Fred Sanford

While that is true there comes a time when you realize you have just too many projects. I sold a '65 Fastback 5 years ago because I had 2...I replaced it with a '67 GT Fastback and have not regretted it other than the fact that values have soared on those early fastbacks....however, I already have one SSP that I enjoy and another while a different department is duplication and I have so many other projects it is unrealistic to think that I will get to it anytime soon. I spend most of my time building cars for others so my time on my own is severly limited. I already have enough projects for 2 lifetimes and I just picked up 4 more vintage Mustangs. My collection is pretty diverse among Ford & Mercury products.

But this is a feeler and that I "would" sell the car....but now that it's running I may just start driving it a bit. It would make a great project for someone but the longer I have it and find a few minutes here and there to tinker with it, the more expensive it's going to get. You never know...I might get a wild hair and you might see it at the 45th anniversary show painted and marked with a sale sign in the window....but it will be a far cry from $3500...:lol:.

I'm waiting for a Marti report on one of the cars I just picked up but it's an interesting one....appears to be a standard '67 Coupe...S code, so it is a 390 4V Automatic that is white with a white vinyl top, standard interior, no A/C, manual drum brakes and manual steering. I've never seen an early Mustang that was white with a white vinyl roof and to be an S code yet not a GT is on the rare side so it seems like an oddball but we'll see what the marti report comes back with.