Thread: 86 NE SSP!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 12:00 PM

Got a question on the lightbar mounting?

What would be the bvest way to do it so that it is removable as I will drive this car often or almost daily as there is no reason not to. At least until I can get another non-ssp daily driver that is. Nebraska mounted their antenna and light bar cords outside running up the windshield trim. I know I can get some more windshiled trim and keep the "wired" ones in the trunk for when they are not on for show but I would like to have the bar opperational when at shows. I can run it how Tx DPS did by going into the cabin by way of the passenger door. This way I can have plugs there so the bar can be removed. The wire on the outter trim will be dummy wires just for look and not function.

Just thinking out loud as I like to drive my mustangs on the street and I do not want to drive it with the bar on it. I know I was thinking about mounting it perm and having my Mother make a black vinyl cover for it with OUT OF SERVICE in white on it and still run clear or amber lenses on the domes if the cover were removed. That way there is no issue with "diplaying COLORS" anytime. The decals will be magnetic until the day where the car becomes a "SHOW ONLY" car and at that point the decals will be covered if driving to an event.

Any thoughts?

Matt