Thread: 1988 FHP $2250
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 12:28 AM

Default 1988 FHP $2250

I need to start checking the craigslist more often. http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/455801497.html

Selling a 1988 Ex-Florida Highway Patrol SSP Police Interceptor 5.0 Mustang coupe 5-speed. I have owned the car since 1991 when it was fresh out of service from FHP with 78k on it. Today it has 243k on it and still runs and is drivable. It has been in the garage though for the past year due in part to it starting to have an issue where it grinds going into gear when you release the clutch petal from a dead stop (I've been told the clutch is probably on it's way out). It was going to be my project car but I just don't have the time or resources at the moment to take this on, so it's time for it to go to someone who does.

Vehicle is all original and stock with the exception of the following upgrades and recent new parts:
- Flomaster "American Thunder" exaust system
- Underdrive pulley kit
- Split Fire plugs & 8mm twin core wires
- Goodyear blue Hi-Miler hoses
- 135 AMP Lestek alternator (recently rebuilt)
- Fuel pump & sending unit (recently replaced)
- Heater core has been replaced
- New battery (1 month old)
- Has new full size spare tire in trunk (original 10 hole aluminum rims)
- JVC CD player & 50W booster
- Interior is clean with no rips in the seat (very rare for a 19 year old car)

Things that need attention with the car:
- Again, grinds going into gear and will probably need a new clutch sometime in the near future
- A/C does not work and has not for years (it is complete but probably will need new compressor and seals)
- Front winshield needs re-sealing as it drips water when it rains (another reason it has been in the garage)
- Needs Rear struts
- Has a couple of oil leaks around the oil pan and rear main seal (I usually go thorough about 1-1.5 quarts between oil changes)
- Vehicle has never been wrecked but has some minor dents on hood and around the cowl area where the hood flew back once while driving due to not being latched down all the way
- Paint is faded and has some minor flaking around roof

This was my daily driver to work and actually got decent gas milage (around 20-25 MPG on average). I hate to part with it after 16 years but it needs someone who will make it the car it can be. I am listing it here first before I put it on E-bay where they sell like hot cakes in hopes of finding it a local home. Vehicle is being sold AS IS. For any questions or interest, you can E-mail me or call . Thanks for looking.
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/

Last edited by predator20; 11-01-2007 at 11:05 AM. Reason: deleted phone number