Thread: 1982 CHP #0327
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 06:29 PM

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately she won't be restored for a long time but will be driven, enjoyed, and improved upon. Taking a pressure washer to this thing is tempting. I'd love to know what the paint looks like under the crappy auction job. The original paint visible under all the flaking areas looks pretty good.

I removed the interior and no sign of the buildsheet. Looks like during 0327's prep for auction, a few screws were left un-installed on some of the trim pieces. Fortunately, most were under the rear seat. I'm dealing with and tossing the insulation pieces responsible for the mildew smell. It's not horrible but it isn't good either. The carpet and seatbelts are getting steam cleaned today at a work contact's detail shop.

The floorpans are clean of rust except for some light surface rust on the seat reinforcement welds. Interestingly, the passenger side does have identical holes to the driver side where the lap belt is installed. I will have to check the carpet again but it really did not look like a belt was ever installed on the passenger side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg int1.JPG (47.7 KB, 391 views)