View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageracer View Post
I am at that crossroads with the EVOC car. John had to paint the car given the poor condition of the original paint. The rest of the car is in very good condition or will clean and be very nice. Perfect no, but very nice!

I have decided at this point that I will "preserve" the car rather than "restore" the car.
In regards to the CHP EVOC car, I highly applaud your decision. I had a couple of excellent opportunities to buy this one when it was still out west and had I done so, my intentions were to do the highest degree of preservation rather than restoration on the car. They are only original once and I agree that the whole car collector hobby is gravitating toward valuing preserved units much higher than restored ones and for good reason.

Likewise, I also would put it back out in it's element (track events) as much as possible as that is where I think it would show the best and be the most fun to own. I would, however, be DAMN careful with it!

Tough call on the Winter Park car. If the original livery was bland, I'd lean toward using the current highly interesting scheme, repaint or not.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/