View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 01:26 PM

there are a couple of cars there I wish I had kept but I had different plans for the collection. Now that I have the ones I want I have a ton of work to do to get them all in the condition I like them to be in.

I thoroughly enjoyed loading up that 84 car yesterday and going to the show. The car is a blast to drive. Before I put the light bar, spotlight, and antennas on it Friday I took it out for a drive. I put about 20 miles on the car and even the cruise control works great. It is a solid little car that desperately needs a paint job. I was amazed at all the people that stopped and took tons of pictures of the car. It made quite an impression on many people. I guess the little double pancake light bar earned its keep.

In the early years of my collecting these cars (mid to late 90's) I learned that I enjoy finding these cars, researching the history, and puttering around the barn working on them. I am perfectly happy when I am in the barn taking one apart, refurbishing parts, installing equipment etc. Some people would rather be out driving them and going to shows and that is fine also. To each their own.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP