View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 04:11 PM

That 02 Camaro is from Northern Division. It's used there by the P.I.O. in N.D. for public service ordeals. ( Redding, CA )

AND....just F.Y.I....Sounds like the Patrol may go away from the Explorers. Not that good of a patrol vehicle as expected. This is hear say by the way, don't hold me to this info.

They will go to a sedan again, most likely chargers. Nevada HP is dumping the explorers. Going to chargers. They followed CHP by ordering on CHP's original fleet order. They did not re order and sounds like CHP will not as well. So I hear anyway. Nothing is for sure until you see it happen lol

It's a mixed feeling from the officers on the explorers. they all agree that it is hard to see out the back and rear sides. I sat in one and it is hard to see anywhere behind the driver and passenger side windows.

Not good for fast u-turns or backing. And to me, there really isn't all that much more room in them compared to a sedan. The so called " trunk " area, is filled with radio equipment, and what room is left, is regular equipment that would be in a trunk of any other patrol car.
And some of the equipment is stacked on top of radio equipment and blocks what small rear window area is left.

Everyone agrees there is no room for 4 officers and all of their gear in these units. They like the fact of sitting a little higher in a vehicle. It's easier to see.
So... just passing on some info is all.
Like I said, this isn't in stone lol

John