Thread: 1986 Texas DPS
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by texunter View Post
It's sad to say but I sold my 88 to a local guy who owns two other SSP cars. I told him of the sites and hopefully he will join. The proceeds will go to the 86.

Since then I have stripped down the 86' and I plan to haul it to a body shop before the end of the week. I'm kinda nervous to hear a professional report on the damage but we will see how it goes.

Everyone seems to be finding cars for super cheap! And not totaled. Is it worth dropping several thousand into this one?
Dude, it's an 86 Texas car. One of the best looking other than CHP. Definitely worth bringing back.

Look at the future. How many of these old texas SSP's will be around? Especially four eye's? Not many and they will be desirable. Sure it's a rough shell, but it's a rare SSP not a standard 5.0 coupe.

If I had money stashed, I would be out buying these cars that you all see as almost beyond fixing. Then years to come you all will regret not buying up some of these as they will cease to exist excluding restored cars.

In the future people will be bringing back shells. I would if I found an 84 CHP

Just find a fairly rust free donor car(but not too nice of a car overall) for the front clip.

I would have the car put on a frame rack and have the rails straightened as good as possible near the firewall so that the new clip can go on like it should(I'll be doing that with my 84 GT, I'll also have the body shop with the frame rack cut the donor car and put on the new clip, thus everything is exactly where it should be)

Can't wait to see more progress

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs