View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Jim,

No one here is trying to trash the event, but we are very careful about who we hang out with and how the SSP hobby is "promoted". Light shows, videos of staged pursuits, Mustangs with LED e-lighting on them, people parking in circles in parking lots (drinking) with lights flashing while drawing chalk outlines of bodies are all things that are not what I'd consider positive promotions of the hobby. If you know the PCOOA history and choose to hang out with them, good for you. If you know the history of how some members from ORG act at car shows and hang out with them, again, good for you. Personally, I choose not to associate myself or the hobby with some of the types of people that you do. I also choose not to go to car shows with guys who are driving "restored" 2000-ish Crown Vics around. It's my personal choice, just as it is yours, and I'm apparently not alone. Many others here on NET and elsewhere feel the same way.

That's all. It's not a NET v/s ORG thing, as there are good members of both.

BTW....I'm not sure which car is yours, but I didn't see any FHP cars in the video that Mike posted last year that were original with respect to the lighting.
I have been a member of this PCOOA club for 20 years, really proud of my association with Mr. Jim Post, and have NEVER seen anyone driving in circles in parking lots, or any where else drinking!
I know that Jim would definately NOT allow this.
I have seen (unlike some of your other posters) Jim boot out members for things that did not promote our hobby, and show it in it's best light.
Jim was a Police Sgt in KCMO and I am darn sure he knows what should and should not be done!
As far as the light shows they are done on private parking lots (not on the streets).
Only time the lights and sirens are allowed are when sanctioned by and asked us to do by local Police Depts.
These I know, from personal experience (NOT HEAR SAY)
I would think you L.E.O.'s would, or should know what hear say can do to a case in court! It's gone.
I am also amazed at how some of the posters on this sight trash other members for incorrect eq, decals, lights etc.
Isn't this supposed to be a fun thing?
Some of us don't have bundles of $ too spend on correct eq. and have to make due.
Come on guys come to the KCMO show and see for yourselves, the PCOOA is a GREAT bunch of folks doing our Hobby thing LAWFULLY.