View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Admin

FYI....That chart was originally put together a few years ago by Charles Ricks, and there have been a few cases where the numbers were wrong.

FOX, I'm not sure if you are using Carfax to get those VINs (something we messed around with a few years ago, too), but if you're interested in helping compile some SSP production/usage numbers by VIN, please shoot me a PM.

We've noticed the consecutive VINs in a single order, but one of the problems is that some agencies made more than one order in the same fiscal year, or the orders were split and the batches were run consecutively but with large gaps between the CUNs.

Also, since any government agency that qualified could place the order, just as a leasing company that qualified could, just because a batch was produced doesn't mean that any of the cars saw actual police service.

I've personally never seen any paperwork verifying that a specific agency "piggybacked" on a state order; seems like something that could have been done at the dealer level, though.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363