View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
The information I had was credible...your documentation shows that cap for that time frame but it is possible that other caps were used at different times for different reasons. I've seen other parts on Mustangs change due to supplier issues or shipment delay issues. I am going on my memory as it's probably been some years since I had that stuff unearthed but I remember D1, D7 and D8 part numbers listed. There was also a full sized wheel cover used in '84 I believe. If I can ever get some free time I'll try to dig up that info I had....It's probably buried with the my old '90 7up window sticker that I can't find.
Doesn't get any more credible than the actual Ford documents.

The '82-'84 in-service pics I've looked at all show the correct, non-painted (and non-stainless) cap. The SEP list posted up in the tech section is for an '83, and the same part number is listed in documentation I have from CHP for their '84 order.

Many agencies, like CSP, ran full wheel covers (but these were purchased and added). The only factory full-wheel covers that I've seen were the '85 SSPs that were ordered with autos. These cars received the CFI system and 14 inch wheels with full covers. Mike R. has several in-service pics of these cars in the gallery over on .org (the Oklahoma '85 SSP, for example), and a guy who listed his AOD '85 for sale over there awhile back has the same SEP for it, with those wheels and covers.

I doubt that Ford would have used a D1FZ or D2FZ on a car built in 1982.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363