View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 12:49 AM
electric red

Quote:
Originally Posted by N20neenee View Post
Ok,I got the idea guys. Stock is good, better, best!

I do agree with the statement about with the less desirable cars is "less or a sin" to modify.

I have seen more than a few Old SSPs that are too far rusted or wrecked for sale cheap because they are not "virgin" enough to be collectable/desirable.

My 90 WI car is one, I had to replace the entire front clip--now it is no longer an untouched example of WI trooper car, but she is still a SSP with police history and I felt/still feel that it was worth saving for this reason.

Save them all and preserve what you can, not everyone can afford to have a show SSP car that only gets driven on the weekends. Mine will have to be a daily driver and thats ok with me, being driven regularly it brings attention to SSPs and might interest someone else into preserving another SSP. I love telling people that mine is a ex-FHP car and is the last year of the Fox body cars--thats why I own it
although i dont completely agree with ya on the fully restored part, however i do agree with you on the driving the cars everyday or as close to everyday as possible. my car has had the front driver side fender and bumper cover replaced do to a minor accident. other than that all the vin tags are on every body panel i could find. i get a kick out of telling people my car was old ssp car and they reply was it a gsp or fhp car, i tell them no and say i actually have no idea what it is but that is the original color too. i would like one more ssp in my stable and thats a gsp car though. i thought they had the nicest color combo