View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 09:47 AM
JT13140

Default Motor Transport

To all,

I've been working with the people here at the Academy HQ and Fleet Ops(Motor Transport) for a month now and they've been great. The Capt over here is a gear head of the first sort and is the son of a retired Lt. He remembers moving his dads take home Mustang and shared the story with me. The issue with information is we've computerized over the years and didn't bother to save a lot of info. I see Robert Reed all the time and maybe he was able to squirrel away the old index cards but I wouldn't count on it. I checked with a guy who can check the computers and the records don't go back very far on the computer. He checked but was unable to help.

Going through archives I did find originals of the actual study (large) and report of the 82 mustang (after it went into service) and some photos of mustangs on the Assembly line at Motor Transport, some staged CHP professional shots of 82,85,87, and 1989's and various shots of Mustangs shot throughout the state while in service. No rhyme or reason to the filing system just happened to come across them. By dumb luck I even found a photo of mine when an Officer left the negatives he took when he posed it next to a retired sr-71 at an Air museum !
When I get back home in July I will share whatever info I've gathered
JT