Thread: Rarest SSPs?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 12:10 PM

+1 on what Evil said.

I think the obvious answer is that the "rarest" cars are from the state agencies that used the least of them. Naturally there were many local or county agencies that only had a few but for most of us, the state agency cars are what we quantify/qualify our opinions on.

Other than the 1982 CHP herd, the four eyed cars are definatly rarer than the aero cars. The aero cars that come up for sale outnumber the 4 eyed cars 30 to 1 or more. The 4 eyed cars are not as popular now, but that will change over the next 10 years as they become impossible to find and the prices go through the roof. How many 4 eyed, auto trans, FIRE Department SSP cars are there? Only one that I know of. Therein lies another entire topic on being rare. Another "rareness" issue revolves around the early pre 87 unmarked cars. How about the 83 tan/tan unmarked NCHP car. Then there is always the handful of "evoc" cars and on and on and on.

There are many different ways to identify a car as being rare but if you consider how many mustangs were built from 1982 thru 1993 ALL of the SSP cars are rare. I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago with a dealer on .org who says he believes the four eyed SSP cars will become as popular as the 69/70 Boss cars. I hope his prediction comes true but only time will tell.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP