View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
I just cannot figure out the "I have to be first" mindset that people have with these ebay auctions. The radio setup is over 400.00 and it still has 4 days left. What can possibly be gained by continuing to bid. Of course in this auction we have bidder number 4 who bids in small increments to run up the price on bidder 1. Then bidder number 1 has to "be first" so he puts in another bid.......which then allows bidder number 4 to keep on jacking it up.

simply amazing. ... and at this rate this radio will sell for over 500.00. pretty amazing considering the hardest parts (CC1 and MPA2 amp) are not included.....

Personally, I try to wait until the end of the auction before bidding, but it's certainly easy to get caught up, for whatever reason, and end up paying way too much for something you really want/need.

I didn't pay anywhere near that much for my Micor setup, which is the one pictured in the CHP resto doc, with all of the CHP tags still attached. I have a few more setups on the way (eventually) which will be offered to the members here at REASONABLE prices for everything (including the CC1, amps, and all-important cables). The only thing I won't have with these radios is the correct microphones. IMHO, It shouldn't cost $1000 to put the proper equipment back into one of these cars.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363