View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Good save. Let us know if you need any help with the CHP equipment or if you have any CHP resto questions. We have a bunch of guys here with good information to share.
Thanks!!! I'm on information overload trying to soak up all the info on the differences between them all, and the actual equipment (radio's, etc) that came in them, so I can start the ebay hunting.

My brother will be in on the resto, and it'll be a shared project, so this will lift the financial burden some.

How hardcore are people with restorations here vs some changes??

I want a true resto, but am not sure on the availability of parts vs cost. someone on fep mentioned maybe using 03+ 5 lug vic wheels and doing a 5 lug conversion...I saw a pair of those wheels today on a cop car that I swear looked just like the 4 lug 86 wheels.

Excuse all the newbie questions, I'm just trying to get a "feel" for what is so called taboo here, and what the general accepted practices are on these cars. Considering the production #'s of ANY year ssp, I don't want to do something, or make a change I'd regret later.