View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 11:28 AM

Thought it was time for a little update. I have really been liking driving this car. I've got most all of the little bugs worked out of it, and can say it drives better then any other Fox I've had. I took it on a road trip and had it down on some "mountain" Arkansas roads, it ate them up. I put my Cobra wheels, with a 245 tire on it, I'm sure that helped, but still it stayed nice and flat.

I guess you could say I'm going to resto-mod this thing, with more emphasis on resto, and mods to get the performance on track with modern performance cars. I want people to look at this thing and say, "look at the old police car" not "look at the Hot Rod". It will be a driver, I want at home on a road trip, road track , auto-x, or a car show.

I'm getting ready to change the heads and intake, to Trick Flow. I feel bad about changing it from stock, but I feel power is this things biggest weakness. I'm going to keep everything, so it can be restored to stock if wanted. I'm not going to change the cam right now.

I've been looking into a radio system, I believe it would be the Motorola Micor. I have someone on another forum who says he can put me something together to work on the Family Radio System, but it's something else. I feel like if I'm going to put something in there, I want it to be right. Any info on the easiest right way to do it? And if it's going that far, I would probably want a PA.