View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
I was glad to read that you had confirmed through the Frisco PD that they used a Mustang. As Mike noted, it could have be a non-police use car bought by the city. But now you can proceed with the restoration as it was originally used. Since Frisco apparently used different markings, did you decide on a paint/marking design?

Getting back on topic -
Jim, let us know if you find out any information from the gentleman you are trying to contact.
Believe it or not, Frisco doesn't have any photos of their old Mustang. The did email me pics of what the cruisers looked like at that time, and then the (2) style changes since then.

My car went from a white marked cruiser to a black detectives car. So it's last point of service was in no way marked or equiped. FPD has 'School Resource Officer' cars that have more of a simple NYPD look with the patch on the door and Frisco Police in blue letters next to it. I feel that if the car would have been put back in service instead of sold, that's probably the direction it would have went.

I could make it a black detectives car since that's how it was last used in service, but I want to return it to its factory color.