View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 03:13 PM

You guys had better first cars than I did. But I'll tell the story anyway. It was 1972, I was in high school, just got my Driver's License. My family had a 1963 Chevy Bel Air, 4 door, with the 230 ci straight six and a PowerGlide auto trans that my Mom had purchased new. The veh was passed around among my older brothers until the transmission died. I was told "If you fix it, you can have it." A friend and I crawled under that car and spent a weekend removing the PG and replacing it with one from a junk yard. Did we really know what we were doing? No, but it worked and the rest is history. Also launched my interest in wrenching on cars.

As you can imagine, I didn't get many girlfriends with those wheels. That all changed in 1977 when I bought a 1969 Corvette with a 427/4 speed. Ice-Blue metallic T-top. Had a lot of fun with that car and dated the Head Cheerleader from a local high school...yes she was younger than me but it's ok because I married her and 2 kids and 36 years later she's still my girl...