View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 PM

I noticed that. I don't recall painted boards either lol

Lots of variations I guess.
I can ask an auto tech I know in one of the CHP area offices. He worked on these things in the desert for years. He had a fleet of 7 or 10 of them he told me he worked on all of the time in one office.

Again, he has told me several times, " it has been so long ago I have forotten a lot of stuff " Maybe he'll remember something.

I also think that each area office, and the auto tech in each office would alter or modify things on their fleet vehicles that worked for them in their environment or issues they were having with vehicles in their area.

Area offices in mountain passes or areas with snow would carry different items in their cars than West LA area office would for example, or Banning area etc.
Sometimes an officer that had a specific vehicle assigned to him would modify HIS vehicle to his liking also. That happened a lot.

It was always fun to take their assigned car on their days off tee heee
Specifically the mustangs. But I was the one that always washed and cleaned it and stocked it when using it.
They didn't mind me using their car.

Don't know what to say. Hope some of that helps.
I am working on locating a guy that has retired from the Torrance Fleet services office that had a lot to do with these mustangs down there. Specifically mine, once I find him, I'll get what info I can from him.

Hopefully he'll allow us to contact him with questions now and then.