View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Goodwill Ambassador

Exclamation Joe P. Collins Memorial Car Show

Many of you are aware that my dad passed away last October from cancer. The good people of a local Hospice organization, Hospice in the Pines took care of dad in his final days and made a profound impact on his life and death and the rest of our family as well. As a way of giving back to this wonderful charity, I offered to step-up and coordinate an open car and truck show with all the proceeds going to Hospice in the Pines.
With that, the Joe P. Collins Memorial Car and Truck Show was born.
I've created classes that I feel will include everyone. I am arranging for nice awards, neat door prizes, cool goodie bags and T-shirts for the first 50 entries. And yes....as I being the chief coordinator, THERE IS A RESTORED POLICE CAR CLASS!!!! The show site is within close walking distance of Taco Bell, Outback Steakhouse, Starbucks Coffee, Wendy's, a hotel and ATM.

I realize that few people know where I live here in the small town of Lufkin, Texas (population about 41,000). But I want to extend an big invitation to all my friends in this police car hobby to come and support my first shot at a car show and this great charity in honor of my old Pop. My dad was a good old guy that served during the Korean conflict in the US Navy. His passion and hobby was cars too! Over the years he own several new 1978 and 1979 Pontiac Trans-Ams, a new 1977 Corvette and a 2003 Ford Lightning. Dad also restored a beautiful 1966 Mustang GT convertible in 1989 and was intrumental in helping me with the difficult stuff on the resto job of my 1993 Texas DPS Mustang in 2002.
I hope this is an event that some of you will consider. I am happy to recommend a good hotel and great places to eat while you are in town.

The Joe P. Collins Memorial Car Show
Benefiting Hospice in the Pines
Saturday, May 3rd, 2008
9am to 3pm
Entry Fee $20.00
Wal-Mart Parking Lot
US Hwy 59 (exit Daniel McCall)
Lufkin, Texas
Door Prizes - Goodie Bags - T-Shirts - Nice Awards
Twenty Classes - over 60 trophies!

See my web site for more information or email me your mailing address and I will send you a flyer. Classes are provided on the web site.

Thanks very much!