View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Matt- I think that paint will be the first thing. I need to get the new front clip put on and make sure everything looks right, and find a passenger door for it. Once that's done it will be off for body and paint. I think I have a lead on a low mileage wrecked '85 GT parts car that should source the engine/trans/exhaust which would be really nice, we will see if that works out like I hope.

Having the wheels/caps/seats and good dash/door panels alone makes this car an easier restore for me than the '86, although honestly I still have a soft spot for those EFI cars... I need to find someone to blast and powdercoat the wheels for me as well, any recommendations? What about going semigloss vs gloss on the wheels?
Keystone wheels you should have one there in Austin. They can do semi gloss black. I had a set that was gloss and they looked just fine. I know I will be taking some wheels to them in the next year or so to have mine done.
I know what you're saying about the EFI cars though. That is why all the rest of my SSP's are and will be EFI 86-93. The CHP will be a show car around here and the Texas and Nebraska car will travel. they will have everything working as far as A/C and heat and will not be driving on Goodyear Gatorbacks.

Matt