Thread: SSP Interest?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 08:41 AM

Nice one Bobby on the NYSP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chp1982 View Post
I was more so interested in what everyone's temperature was for the hobby at the moment. The boards have seemed quiet for a while here and a couple other Fox related sites I visit.
Forum activity ebbs and flows; not just here. For example, I am a member on a S197 Mustang forum that started in 2006 as a haven for V6 owners. The site changed their name to include all Mustangs, and it really is a well-run forum that feels like an online car club, and has good tech information. But its activity level has dropped off and lately their annual get-togethers have had trouble getting the attendance numbers they need to make an event happen. It is a great site, but other factors are affecting forum activity and participation.

Members (and forum staffers!) get burnt out and turned off to the online experience over time. It's human nature, and sometimes we all need to step away from the computer. But I think most of us recognize that forum participation is just a smaller part of our hobby. Don't get me wrong - our forum continues to be a great resource tool for SSP information. It also serves as a catalyst for occasional member meet-ups, like attending car shows and even organizing a SSP weekend work party (we need to do that again boys!). But ultimately, our personal time spent with the cars (sourcing parts, restoring, driving, showing, general wrenching) is why we are in the hobby. Conversing online with the rest of you like-minded gearheads is just an added bonus!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!